On the auspicious occasion of National Ayurveda Day aka Dhanvantari Tryodashi (13th day of Hindu Calendar) wishing all a very healthy and happy year ahead!!! #Dhanteras #Festivities begin.
Stay Healthy, Stay Busy
#Ayurvedawayoflife #Healthylungs #Breatheasy #Airquality #Cleanair #Pollution
Change of season and increase in air #pollution has brought the Air Quality Index (AQI) to alarming levels, giving rise to respiratory disorders such as bronchitis (Kasa), discomfort in breathing, productive and unproductive cough to name a few.
Few of the impacts:
- Irritating dry cough or productive cough that produces mucus along with pain and tightness in the chest.
- Wheezing and breathlessness
- Lethargy and feeling of fever.
A few classical formulations suggested in Ayurveda for respiratory disorders:
- Sitopaladi Powder
- Lavangadi vati
- Khadiradi Vati
- Trikatu Powder
- Honey (Shahad)
A couple of formulations developed by @TansukhHerbals for well being of respiratory system in season change and increasing air #pollution
- Kas Mantra Capsule & Syrup
A few medicinal herbs effective in management of respiratory disorders
- Haridra or #Turmeric (Curcuma longa) #Curcumin
- Pippali or Long pepper or Dried catkins (Piper longum)
- Tulsi or #HolyBasil Leaves (Ocimum sanctum)
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- Yashtimadhu or #Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Regular physical and respiratory exercises #Pranayam #Yoga #sweatitout
2. Intake of garlic, turmeric, ginger and black pepper in diet.
- Intake of high fiber diet.
1. Reduce intake of sweets, chilled food items, curd etc.
2. Exposure to cold, humid atmosphere, smoke, dust and fumes.
3. No to smoking #NoSmoking
Stay healthy, stay busy
Fasting: Act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time.
In Sanskrit ‘Vrath’ means ‘determination’ and ‘Upavasa’ means ‘near to God’.
According to Naturopathy principles, fasting is an important treatment modality for health preservation. In fasting, mental preparedness is an essential pre-condition.
Fasting with only intake of juices is effective and safe.
Lime juice fasting is mostly preferred.
Fresh juices help in body cleansing as during fasting the body burns up and excretes huge amounts of accumulated wastes.
Rules of breaking a fast:
1. Start with liquids such as Juices, milk, curd, smoothies etc. followed by dried fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lentils, healthy fats and lean protein. #fruitdiet #Eathealthy
2. Do not overeat,
3. Eat slowly and chew the food thoroughly.
Wishing all fasting ladies a very #HappyKarwachauth
Stay healthy, stay busy
Constipation or Malbandhata/ Kabz: Inability to perform normal bowel elimination, hard stool with painful defecation, abdominal discomfort or incomplete defecation.
One of the 3 main digestive disorders prevalent in today’s time.
A few classical formulations suggested in Ayurveda for constipation
- Avipattikar Powder
- Triphala Powder
A couple of formulations for constipation developed by Tansukh Herbals
- Parzz Granules
- Parzz Tablets
- Suprabhat Powder
A few medicinal herbs effective in management of constipation
- Erand or Castor oil plant (Ricinus communis)
- Haritaki or Chebulic Myrobalan (Terminalia chebula)
- Sanay or Senna (Cassia aungustifolia)
3. Intake of high fiber diet.
1. Irregular food habits.
2. Suppression of natural urges
3. Irregular sleep cycle #Sleepwell
4. Low fiber and junk food.
Stay Health, Stay Busy